Posts Tagged Ainol Novo 7
The official version of 4.0.1 software does not include google applications for some reason, so I had to search the internet and prepare the update package. The software, which requires binary libraries, is not included (TTS + Sound Recognition, Face Lock, Video Editor), also Google Earth is gone because it’s just too big.
Everything else is packed, signed and can be easily installed on native 4.0.1 without any rooting or CWM hackery. Just copy the file as update.zip to your microSD and press “volume+/power” to start the update process.
- installs using native recovery
- works with official ICS 4.0.1 version
- requires about 13MB of empty space on /system (usually about 15M are free)
- includes gmail, exchange, maps, latitude, news, talk, market, youtube, Latin IME
- does not include Chinese IME, Earth, TTS + Sound Recognition, Face Lock, Video Editor
- does not require CWM or rooting for installation
Chinese company “Ainol” have released Novo 7 — sub-$100 7″ tablet with Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) and MIPS processor. This is quite big step aside from previous ARM-powered models, and the price speaks for itself. MIPS and ARM are different beasts, but Ainol have already got Google Compatibility Certificate and endorsement by Andy Rubin, so it looks like most Android software runs just fine on the new tablet.
Screen size is standard 800×480, capacitive touch screen, HDMI output and everything else is just as expected.
I’ve already ordered one on ebay for ¥11,320 JPY (including delivery), and hope to get it before holidays.